Early Days Postnatal
Early Days Classes
Caring for a new born can be both a rewarding and daunting experience at the same time. Most parents-to-be would like to have some knowledge of what to expect in the first few days with your new born. Eileithyia uses an interactive course model to help you and your partner feel prepared to care and feed your new born.
The early days session will cover the following topics;
- Vitamin K
- Cord Care
- Dressing and Bathing
- New born tests and examinations
- Expressing your milk
- Bottle feeding and sterilising
- Biological Nurturing
- Skin to Skin
- Safe sleeping
- What is inside your baby’s nappy
- The role of your community midwife
- Your postnatal body – physiological changes
- Care of stitches
- Caesarean Section recovery
This course material can be changed to suit your individual circumstances, please let me know if you wish to cover anything different from the content above.
The course duration is 3 hours at a convenient time and place for you.